Poodle-roni

Friday, January 26, 2007

Pigs rule

Two new rules following the Mexican Fiesta cooking club at my house:
1) Tequila is a killjoy. No mas!
2) Every cooking club meal now must end with donuts!

Menu:
Pomegranate margaritas
Guacamole, queso fundido, tomatillo salsa, and pico de gallo with tortilla chips
Carnitas and/or chicken tacos
Churros with Mexican hot chocolate

This picture doesn't quite do them justice (my food styling could be improved - yes, that's a kilo of cinnamon sugar on top) but the churros were delicious.


And roasting pork shoulder might be what sends some people over the carnivoric edge into vegetarianism. Not me though. I gagged a little when the bloody water spilled out of the plastic wrapping but I persevered. Seven hours in the crockpot, shred shred shred and a (slightly too long of a) crisping in the oven, this is what you get:


Again, this may send some squealing for leafy greens and legumes but I rather liked it.

2 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude. Dude. Dude.
It looks like a herd of squirrels were trapped in Death Valley.

Me no likey pork shoulder.

But the churros? Pass 'em over.

 
At 3/18/2007 7:52 PM, Blogger Hedy De Vine said...

I don't even eat pork and that looks good. I'm pretending in my mind that it's turkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home