Poodle-roni

Friday, August 18, 2006

Well played, Dixie Chicks

Although I missed the start of this brilliance by ONE DAY, I have to give the Dixie Chicks a hearty round of applause/2 thumbs up/loud whistles/kudos/snaps all around for their recent opening act selections.

First up, Bob Schneider. While his stint started A DAY after I saw the Chicks in Albany (bygones), I'm still happy for Bob since he probably made a bunch more fans (squeal like schoolgirls, ahem). He is equal parts funny, thoughtful, naughty, and yummy. I call him Dirty Hot. Dig it.


Come to find out this gentleman has been added to the bill on their Australian tour leg. Pete Yorn - another stallion in the stable of "dudes who play guitar" I seem to favor. And a little Dirty Hot as well.



For the record, if I was in a successful all-girl band, I would be doing exactly this. One of those ladies (I think it's Natalie) has a keen sense of smell when sniffing out under-appreciated effin rockstars. In my band, however, there would be initiation rites. Maybe something involving Pete like this?

Just spitballing here.

They seem to be doing just fine without me but if I may just throw Rhett Miller's name in the ring...

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 11:23 AM, Blogger Isabel said...

I raced over here after seeing your comment on HollowSquirrel about taking notes on last night PR finale....but there is no post about it.

I must hear what you have to say!

 
At 11/30/2006 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot believe I JUST found your blog. You sneaky blogger you. WHY DIDN"T YOU TELL ME?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home